Sunday, May 3, 2015

CRR: Essay

I usually have no problem writing essays in English class.  However, writing about a complicated text like William Shakespeare is very challenging.  My essay specifically compares feminism with two of Shakespeare's books, Othello and A Midsummer Night's Dream.  Finding evidence from A Midsummer Night's Dream is that complicated but finding evidence for Othello is.  I don't remember all the names that were used in Othello so I will have to find a way how to get a hold of the book to look for evidence.  I personally don't like the language of these texts because it's not modern and no one talks like that anymore.  I find it ridiculous how William Shakespeare is always taught all over the world and in the end, it doesn't benefit us in anyway.  The stories that Shakespeare writes are cliche.  Why read books in a language no one speaks, predictable, and difficult when I can read a book that has a deeper meaning, more modern, more interesting, and still gain knowledge.  This is just my general opinion with Shakespeare's work.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely when you said that this essay was diffifuclt to write because I had a hard time writing this as well espically when I had to find the quotes that would be the best type of evidence to back up my thesis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with you Jorge on the difficulties of writing a essay about something that you dont understand completely. Hope you get a good grade on the essay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think understanding Shakespeare's language is that important per se, but I do think the ability to figure out and write about language that is very difficult and different is important. While you may not need to read Shakespeare again, you will probably need to reed something nearly as difficult.
    p.s. Shakespeare's plots are cliche because everyone copied him!

    ReplyDelete