Thursday, June 11, 2015

CR: American Horror Story

Occasionally I don't watch scary or horror movies.  The only time I do watch a scary movie is if it's a classic franchise like Halloween, Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street, or Friday the 13th.  Movies involving paranormal activity or an exorcism always scares me because I believe in those things.  I never knew why American Horror Story is so talked about until now.  In my opinion, the show isn't scary at all and there's no jump scares.  What I like about the show is the story and how all the characters play a part in the major plot.  When you actually sit there and watch the show, the characters make you sink in and make you want to know whats going to happen next.  I might start watching the show for my own entertainment.  In class we had to see how can we analyze the episode "Anne Frank" using psychoanalysis.  We analyzed that some characters had repressed some information because the situation was too traumatic.  Overall I still think the show is good.    

No comments:

Post a Comment